- Some people like their laugh lines, but many look for ways to get rid of them.
- Laugh lines can be eliminated with the help of anti-wrinkle creams.
- You can also try various at-home methods for getting rid of laugh lines.
- Eating a healthy diet and cutting back on unhealthy things like alcohol and smoking can help get rid of unwanted wrinkles.
Types of Mouth wrinkles
Dermatologists and aestheticians refer to the wrinkles that appear around the mouth area as perioral wrinkles. But while this is the general term, there are specific words that describe the three subtypes of mouth wrinkles.
Smile lines are wrinkles that show up around the sides of your mouth. As the name implies, these wrinkles are caused by smiling. They are also sometimes called laugh lines.
Lipstick lines are wrinkles that only occur in the lip area. They appear vertically along the upper lip, and can even show up on the lips themselves.
Finally, marionette lines tend to get more prominent with age. They are vertical wrinkles that go from your mouth to your chin, giving off the appearance of a marionette’s face.
Laugh Lines: The 9 Best Treatment Options for Wrinkles Around Your Mouth
Many people choose to leave the laugh lines around their mouths alone and consider them a sign of a life well-lived. But others who feel more self-conscious about their wrinkles may look for ways to eliminate laugh lines.
Here are a few ways you can get rid of these unwanted wrinkles.
- Apply Oils. Keeping your skin hydrated is a great way to get rid of wrinkles and eliminate laugh lines. There are plenty of oils available that will work for your skin, including coconut oil, grape seed oil, and even your kitchen olive oil.If you’re thinking of using oils to hydrate your skin, just apply a small amount to your fingertips and massage it very gently into the skin. This makes for a great overnight treatment.
- Use Spices. Spices are a surprisingly helpful way to stimulate your face’s collagen production, making it firmer and more elastic.Making yourself a homemade face mask using cinnamon or turmeric. Just mix a small amount of these spices with a bit of honey or oil and apply the mixture to your face. Leave it on for about twenty minutes, wash it off, and then pat your face dry.
- Moisturize Daily. Moisture is what allows your skin to stay firm and elastic. It also helps your skin maintain a protective barrier, which, in turn, prevents too much harm from coming to it.Looking into the top-rated anti-wrinkle cream like Meaningful Beauty may help you determine whether or not a product like this one might be beneficial.
Meaningful Beauty reviews suggest that this product could be beneficial for those looking to smooth out fine lines around the mouth area.
- Apply Sunscreen Every Day. It’s wonderful to go outside on a warm summer day and spend a little time enjoying the warm sunlight. But the sun emits UV rays, which can be very damaging to the skin.
Along with applying your top-rated anti-wrinkle cream or daily moisturizer, you should make sure that you’re also applying sunscreen. This will help prevent your skin from becoming dry and damaged, therefore reducing the appearance of wrinkles around your mouth.
- Eat Right. While topical treatments are some of the best ways to treat fine lines and wrinkles, you also need to consider what you’re putting into your body.
Since your skin is made up of proteins, eating a diet rich in protein will help keep the skin firm and smooth. You can get protein from animal products, as well as plant sources like lentils and beans.
You should also look into eating a diet with lots of antioxidants. Foods like blueberries and spinach help keep your skin safe from free radicals in the air.
- Cut Out Alcohol and Smoking. Drinking and smoking might be fun and feel good, but they’re not the best for your skin. Over time, too much alcohol and smoking can seriously damage your skin, impacting its structural integrity and making fine lines and wrinkles appear faster.
Smoking can be especially bad for this, specifically in the mouth area. This is because of the puckering of your lips that you do every time you smoke. Over time, this repeated facial movement will make wrinkles show up around your mouth area.
- Stay Hydrated. Just like eating the right foods is crucial for your skin’s health, making sure that you’re drinking enough water will help keep your skin hydrated from the inside out. The more water you drink, the more hydrated your body is going to be overall. This will help reduce the appearance of laugh lines significantly.
Drink water from a glass and avoid using a straw or a bottle, if possible. This prevents your lips from making the puckering motion that can encourage laugh lines to form.
- Try Aloe Vera. These spiky succulents aren’t just decorative. They also are great for your skin. Aloe vera is super moisturizing, which makes it great for putting on your face and hydrating the skin.
But aloe vera won’t just help you topically. You can also take it as a dietary supplement. Drinking concentrated aloe vera gel combined with some distilled water every day can help your skin become firmer, softer, and get rid of laugh lines around the mouth area.
- Get a Skin Treatment. You should always try at-home solutions first when you’re looking at ways to improve your skin’s health and get rid of wrinkles.
But if you’ve tried all there is to try and you’re still seeing super deep lines, then heading to your dermatologist might be the right idea. Your dermatologist will be able to help you find the right skin treatment for you. They may recommend laser treatment or even Botox, depending on the severity of your laugh lines and how quickly you want them gone.
While many people do see their laugh lines as a sign that they have smiled a lot and find appreciation in that, others do not. These folds may cause distraction and you may feel less confident. If you’re looking to get rid of your laugh lines, then eating a healthy diet, staying hydrated, and looking into Meaningful Beauty reviews may help diminish them, allowing you to regain that beautiful gesture.